Headed to the beach?
Stay up to date with current beach and surf conditions.
Get the latest updates on Island weather and surf conditions, plus some helpful tips for when you hit the beach.
Grab the beach ball and head to one of the Island’s beach access points to soak up the sun!
Delightfully mild temperatures and warm, calm water make any time of the year a great time to visit South Padre Island. With more than 300 days of sunshine, our average winter temperature is a beautiful 65 degrees. Imagine yourself relaxing on a pristine beach, kicking back in a deck chair in your swimsuit when everyone else at the office is buried in snow or bundling up against the freezing wind. Who needs a sled when you’ve got a surfboard? Of course, if surfing isn’t your thing, you can also plan on snorkeling, kiteboarding, windsurfing, parasailing, stand-up paddleboarding, jet skiing, or horseback riding on the beach, all in our warm South Texas sunshine.
Beach Rules & Regulations
- All glass is prohibited on the beach
- Litter on the beach is prohibited
- Commercial activity or solicitation on the beach is prohibited
- Overnight camping is prohibited (City Beach Access)
- Leash and clean up after your pets
- Leave with a tan…not a ticket (fines up to $2,000 if convicted)
- No shade devices from 10pm-9am on the beach