South Padre Island Film Commission
Looking for the perfect tropical location to film? So easy! The Film Commission is ready to assist you in finding the ideal location on South Padre Island. The Island offers a variety of unique locations to film and provides a temperate, year-round climate and more than 300 days of sunshine each year. So easy. So Padre.
Our team is ready to help make your next onscreen project a success. Whether you are in the idea phase or deep into post-production, our resources can guide you in the process. South Padre Island Film Commission reviews proposed films, commercials, and programs and reserves the right not to support discriminatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable content.
Working With Us
The South Padre Island Film Commission is a division of the City of South Padre Island Convention and Visitors Bureau. Our Commission was established to help facilitate filming on locations throughout our beautiful community and beaches. The attractive locale, known for its breathtaking scenery, is an ideal filming location.
The South Padre Island Film Commission aids in identifying prime filming locations. Police presence may be required for filming in the public right of way and public beach accesses.
- Liaison for permits and permission to film
- Assistance in location research
- Access to a photo library of destination imagery and locations
- Assistance with hotel room blocks
- List of crew/budget-friendly restaurants
- Transportation company recommendations
- Information on State and Local laws pertaining to filming;
- Access to hi-resolution images of South Padre Island
Learn More Today
Fill out the film permit application to bring your next project to South Padre Island. To submit the permit or, if you have any other questions email us at firstname.lastname@example.org