10 Fun Things to Do in South Padre Island on a Tropical Texas Getaway
An excerpt from an article written by Charles McCool
While the beach, bars, glorious weather, and fishing are major South Padre draws, this article provides a look at many cool, happy, and fun things to do in South Padre Island, the only tropical island in Texas. Choose from watching amazing sunsets over Laguna Madre Bay, learning about native SPI animals and plants, climbing a lighthouse, and much more.
1. See Turtles at Sea Turtle, Inc.
2. South Padre Island Birding, Nature Center & Alligator Sanctuary
3. Native Plant Center
4. Fun Sunsets on Osprey Cruises
5. Fun and Food on Ka Motion Sunset Cruise
6. Eh Brah SUP
7. Great Texas Coastal Birding Trail
8. Climb Port Isabel Lighthouse
9. Savor South Padre Sandcastle Sculptures
10. See Murals in South Padre Island, Texas
Charles McCool works with destinations and brands to promote fun and unique travel experiences to highly engaged audiences. McCool Travel reaches active and passionate travelers throughout the world. Charles McCool shows travelers how to increase travel happiness and reduce stress on every trip. For over twenty years, I have analyzed trip planning methods and strategies, and, in turn, help create Happy Travelers through my articles, book, classes, and talks. My travels have taken me to all 50 states in the USA, to several dozen countries, and to five continents.