Memorial Day Safety Tips
South Padre Island, TX, May 24, 2017: The City of South Padre Island is looking forward to a safe and enjoyable Memorial Day Weekend for visitors and residents.
“Memorial Day is a time to recognize those who have sacrificed their lives in service to our country,” stated Juan Herrera, police lieutenant. “We ask guests and residents to have a safe weekend while enjoying everything that South Padre Island has to offer.”
All visitors are encouraged to become familiar with the City’s ordinances. Additionally, below are some tips for making the most of a weekend at the beach:
* No underage drinking.
* Please utilize the many modes of public transportation.
* Lock up vehicles and valuables.
* Please dispose of trash properly.
* Glass containers are prohibited on the beach.
* While enjoying the beach, stay hydrated and wear sunscreen.
* Observe beach signage for rip current status. Practice water safety.
* Open flames are prohibited on the beach.
* Report any suspicious activity to the South Padre Island Police Department at (956) 761-5454.
Memorial Day Weekend is Friday, May 26 to Monday, May 29, 2017.