Thank you for your interest in South Padre Island. If you’re a media professional looking for story ideas, photos, videos and more, you’ve come to the right place.
South Padre Island hosts many journalists each year. The staff at the South Padre Island Convention & Visitors Bureau is committed to providing quick and accurate information, photography and videos for editorial use, support for media visits and referrals to industry experts.
SOUTH PADRE ISLAND NEWS
- South Padre Island featured in “Bounty of Beaches” article in Oklahoma’s 405 Magazine.
- Isla Grand Beach Resort named one of “The 5 Best Resorts in Texas” by Alltherooms.com
- Fins 2 Feathers featured on San Antonio’s Daytime@Nine show (Fox)
- Clayton’s Beach Bar named one of “The 21 Best Beach Bars in America” by Thrillist.
- South Padre Island story featured in 2018 Special Edition of Canadian Traveller’s “America: Yours to Discover“
- Sea Turtle, Inc. featured in the June 2018 Issue of Texas Parks & Wildlife “Editor’s Letter” for Sea Turtle Inc.’s conservation efforts and details a recent turtle hatchling release
- B&S Kites featured in the “The Ultimate Texas Summer Bucket List” for kite flying in Texas Highways Magazine
SOUTH PADRE ISLAND ACCOLADES
- Ranked #4 on the 2018 “15 Best Surf Destinations in America for All Skill Levels” Where to “Hang Ten” on Your Beach Getaway” by TripAdvisor
- Listed on the 2018 “Best Places to Learn to Surf” by TravelChannel.com
- Listed on the 2018 “Best Places to Celebrate Your Dirty 30 Birthday” by Expedia.
- Listed on the 2018 “Best Beaches in U.S. for Celebrating July 4th” by Travel + Leisure
- Ranked #1 on the 2018 15 Amazing Island Getaways — in America! by Southern Living Magazine
- Ranked #11 on the 2018 “15 Best Places to Vacation in Texas “ by TripAdvisor
- Listed on the 2018 “8 Best Summer Vacation Destinations in Texas” by Trips to Discover
- Listed on the 2018 “Best New Tourist Attractions in USA” featuring Sea Turtle, Inc by LoveExploring.com
- Ranked #2 on the 2018 “Best Texas Beach” by USA TODAY’s 10Best Reader’s Choice Award
- Listed on the 2018 “The South’s Best Beaches” by Southern Living Magazine
- Listed on the 2018 “15 Best Spring Break Destinations” by CarRentals.com
- Ranked #2 on the 2018 “9 Best Coastal Cities to Visit in Texas” by Trips to Discover
- Listed on the 2018 “9 Best Surf Spots in Texas” by Trips to Discover
- Listed on the 2018 “25 Best Wreck Diving Spots in the United States” by Scuba Diving Online
- Listed on the 2018 “Vacation in the Hottest Spots in Texas” by Patch.com
- Listed on the 2018 “15 Best Vacation Spots When You Earn the Median Income” by GOBankingRates.com
- Ranked #3 on the 2018 “10 Best Dolphin Sighting Destinations in North America” by Travel Channel
- Ranked #3 on the 2018 “Best Place to Rent a Summer Beach House with Friends” by TripAdvisor
- Ranked #6 on the 2018 “8 Best Spring Break Party Destinations” by ABC News
- Listed on the 2018 “10 Best Places in Texas to Visit on Spring Break” by Trips to Discover
- Listed on the 2018 “Best Places to Visit in Texas” by S. News & Report
- Listed on the 2018 “18 Places to Go in Texas” featuring South Padre Island and Sea Turtle, Inc. by Texas Highways
- Ranked #1 for Best Beach Vacation in “Top American Trips 2018” by Canadian Traveller
- Listed on the 2018 “World’s Greatest Kiteboarding Spots” by National Geographic
- One of “America’s Top 10 Winter Beach Escapes” by International Business Times
- “Best Affordable U.S. Vacation” and “Best Family Beach” by S. News & World Report
- “Top Five Vacation Rental Spot” by TripAdvisor
- World’s “Top 30 Island Beaches” by Conde Nast Traveler Magazine
- “Top 10 U.S. Beaches” by Men’s Fitness and Women’s Day Magazines
- “Best Beach in Texas” by GoTexas.About.com
- “Top 10 Spring Break Stop” by U.S. News and World Report
- Top “Wallet-Friendly Spring Break Destination” by Travel and Leisure
- One of “America’s Beautiful Beaches” by USA Today Travel
- “Top 10 Most Popular Spring Break Destination” by USA Today
- “Top 5 Texas Coast Spots” by SA Current
- Listed on the 2016 Texas Travel Bucket List by Texas Monthly
The South Padre Island Convention & Visitors Bureau coordinates press trips for qualified travel media producing editorial coverage for international, national and state publications. Hosting assistance may be available to staff travel writers and editors, freelance travel writers on assignment and travel-related TV crews and radio programs. Depending on the nature of your assignment, we may be able to assist with securing accommodations, consulting on itineraries, arranging interviews, setting up site visits and more.
Please note that hosting arrangements are provided at the discretion of South Padre Island hospitality partners and businesses, and are subject to the availability and interest of each business. Blackout periods exist and may necessitate a press rate, especially for hotel accommodations. It is much easier for us to accommodate you if you come mid-week or during a shoulder season.
Due to high demand, requests for press trip assistance must be received at least one month prior to your arrival date.
Ready to get started? Contact us and expect to hear back from us within five business days.
We offer a selection of digital assets including photography and b-roll footage for download in South Padre Island Convention & Visitors Bureau’s media library on Barberstock.
Image and b-roll assets can be used royalty-free at no cost for editorial coverage, sales and marketing campaigns, and promotional purposes which endorse South Padre Island as a tourism product. We are unable to provide images for personal photo album use.
Preview the gallery, and register for an account by submitting your media qualifications. You will be able to download the content once we approve your request, which occurs Monday through Friday, within 72 hours.
Can’t find what you’re looking for? Contact email@example.com.
Terms & Conditions of Use
South Padre Island Convention & Visitors Bureau is the destination marketing organization responsible for promoting South Padre Island as a preferred travel destination worldwide. As the official tourism organization for the City of South Padre Island, we have a number of digital assets including photography and footage. These assets are for use in promoting South Padre Island as a travel destination of choice.
- Images downloaded from the South Padre Island Convention & Visitors Bureau are intended for one-time use to promote South Padre Island as a destination for tourism and film production. Images may not be copied, distributed or used for any purpose other than what you have indicated when requesting the images.
- Images and video should be credited to South Padre Island Convention and Visitors Bureau, unless otherwise noted.
- All images remain the property of South Padre Island Convention & Visitors Bureau.
- Download request constitutes an understanding of and agreement with all applicable policies.
- The South Padre Island Convention & Visitors Bureau reserves the right to refuse permission to use these images for any reason.
- If you cannot locate the images you are looking for within this library, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The South Padre Island Convention & Visitors Bureau marketing and communications team is available to assist media professionals.
City of South Padre Island Convention & Visitors Bureau
7355 Padre Blvd.
South Padre Island, TX 78597